Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pork chops coated with cracker mixture and egg then baked. A time saver.
- 1 cup butter flavored cracker, crushed (Ritz)
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In shallow bowl combine crushed crackers, garlic salt and pepper; mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs.
- Dip pork chops in beaten egg and then into cracker mixture.
- Place the pork chops in a casserole dish.
- Place chunks of the butter around the pork chops.
- Cover with foil paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
My whole family loved these pork chops! They had the best flavor, and were tender and juicy. Mine were not dry at all. I gave this recipe to a friend, and after she made them she raved and raved about how good they were. I'm going to try this same cracker coating on some thin chicken breasts tonight. I will definitely make this recipe again and again!!
I halved this recipe and used 2 boneless pork steaks. The coating was nice and crispy, had a great flavor, and the meat was nice and juicy. I served them with Recipe#451305 and Recipe#419896. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Recipe did not state how much garlic salt to use and I was afraid that it would be very salty and garlicky so I used only 1 TB. Could not hardly taste it at all. Pork chops were dry and I used a nice thick cut of center chops.