Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from the "Slow Cookers" section of the cookbook "365 Easy One-Dish Meals". It's so good and a great meal to come home to at the end of a long day!
- 2 (7 ounce) cans green chili salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 lb fresh tomatillo
- 9 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1 large potato
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 flour tortillas
- Turn on a 4-6 quart crock pot to high heat setting while preparing the ingredients.
- Cut the pork int 1/2" cubes. Peel the papery skins from the tomatillos and cut in half. Mash the garlic. Cut the carrots and potatoes into 1/4" chunks. Halve the onion and cut into 1/4" slices.
- Add the salsa, chilis, pork, tomatillos, garlic, carrots, potato, and onion to the crock pot. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and reduce heat setting to low. Cook 10 hours without removing the lid.
- Stir in salt and cayenne pepper. Serve with chopped tomatoes, parsley, sour cream, and warm tortillas.