Prep 5 mins
Cook 32 mins
These are literally the easiest popovers you will find (and they don't use up all of your eggs! It's fast too!) Perfect for little kids to help make.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 large egg
- uses fresh fruit (like strawberries) (optional) or whipped cream, to top with (optional)
- In a jar or bowl mix everything but the fruit and whipped cream.
- Generously brush a 6-cup nonstick muffin wan with soft butter.
- Pour batter evenly among 6 cups in oven.
- Set oven to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 17 minutes.
- Pierce popovers to let out steam cut and garnish popovers how you please.
I just threw this whole recipe in the garbage. Didn't rise AT ALL, made little hockey pucks instead. I was surprised, I have made plenty of popovers in my life that did work. Sorry about this one.
These were great! Sweeter then I was expecting though I did use soy milk which is a little bit sweeter then regular milk. I also used whole wheat pastry flour. The kids loved these and have already asked to have them tomorrow!
These are a hit! I have never been able to make popovers before. I have used your recipe twice with success. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!