Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Easy Popcorn Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 28.39 ml white corn syrup
- 59.14 ml margarine (half a stick)
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract (or almond)
- 1892.0 ml popped corn (1 microwave will do)
- Bring to a soft boil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat the sugar, white corn syrup, margarine, and salt.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla or almond extract.
- Mix sauce with popcorn in a large bowl.
- When cool enough, but still warm, form into balls. (easier to eat).
These turned out great. They were really easy to make and not to sweet. I did add more popcorn then the recipe called for. Thanks for te great recipe.
I used this recipe to make "candy coated" popcorn - I didn't form it into balls. Very good! I've made it a few times now and sometimes I add maple flavoring to make maple flavored candy corn. Makes a nice snack!
Made this for the children for Thanksgiving and they LOVED them. I really liked them too. They were so quick and easy to make. I followed the recipe except I used butter instead of margarine, golden corn syrup as that is all I had and didn't add the salt. I used a bag of movie theater popcorn. They weren't real sticky and they didn't get real hard that you couldn't eat them. Everyone loved them. Great popcorn ball recipe!