Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 28.39 ml white corn syrup
- 59.14 ml margarine (half a stick)
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract (or almond)
- 1892.0 ml popped corn (1 microwave will do)
- Bring to a soft boil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat the sugar, white corn syrup, margarine, and salt.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla or almond extract.
- Mix sauce with popcorn in a large bowl.
- When cool enough, but still warm, form into balls. (easier to eat).
These have a wonderful taste and would have gotten 5 stars, but I couldn't get them to stick together, they kept falling apart! Maybe it's because I added Candy Corn to mine, but together or not, they are very easy and very tasty. :)
These turned out great. They were really easy to make and not to sweet. I did add more popcorn then the recipe called for. Thanks for te great recipe.
I used this recipe to make "candy coated" popcorn - I didn't form it into balls. Very good! I've made it a few times now and sometimes I add maple flavoring to make maple flavored candy corn. Makes a nice snack!