Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (half a stick)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond)
- 2 quarts popped corn (1 microwave will do)
- Bring to a soft boil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat the sugar, white corn syrup, margarine, and salt.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla or almond extract.
- Mix sauce with popcorn in a large bowl.
- When cool enough, but still warm, form into balls. (easier to eat).
These have a wonderful taste and would have gotten 5 stars, but I couldn't get them to stick together, they kept falling apart! Maybe it's because I added Candy Corn to mine, but together or not, they are very easy and very tasty. :)
These turned out great. They were really easy to make and not to sweet. I did add more popcorn then the recipe called for. Thanks for te great recipe.
I used this recipe to make "candy coated" popcorn - I didn't form it into balls. Very good! I've made it a few times now and sometimes I add maple flavoring to make maple flavored candy corn. Makes a nice snack!