Recipe by The Foodgitive
I decided to pair not my ordinary pizza toppings for this polenta pizza appetizer, something a bit fancier than your average sausage crumbles. I simply enjoy the saltiness of anchovies and cheese when paired with the complexity of olives and rosemary. I hope you enjoy.
- 4 polenta, slices sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for brushing
- 4 anchovy fillets, in olive oil- roughly chopped
- 8 oil-cured black olives, roughly sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons locatelli cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice 4 slices of Polenta 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce to each slice.
- Evenly distribute rosemary, over polenta slices.
- Evenly distribute anchovies and olives.
- Sprinkle top with grated locatelli cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve hot.