1/4 Photos of Easy Poached Salmon With Dill
This is a simple recipe that tastes gourmet. Even your picky eaters will enjoy this one. Add more of the ingredients you love and omit any you don't enjoy or don't have on hand. This one is easy to prepare and hard to ruin. Great served with rice and veggies or salad **Extra fresh dill weed can be frozen in a plastic bag and keeps it's flavour beautifully.**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg thawed salmon fillet, with skin on 1 side (may substitute with steelhead trout)
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon pickled capers (can be found in grocery store located in same aisle as pickles)
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill weed (use fresh or frozen but not dried)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1/2 fresh lemon, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2Remove any visible bones and cut off the head and tail (if it hasn't already been done for you) If using a poacher place the tray in the poacher, add 1/4 cup water and place your salmon in the tray skin side down.
- 3If you do not have a fish poacher (how many of us do?) you can use any oven safe pan large enough to hold your fish.
- 4Just crumple and crinkle a medium sized sheet of tin foil and place your fish on the foil skin side down.
- 5Add enough water to just come to the edge of the foil without spilling onto the fish (approx 1/3 cup).
- 6On top of the fish sprinkle all ingredients.
- 7Cover with lid or tin foil.
- 8Cook for 12-20 min's.
- 9For RARE fish, cook just until white liquid emerges from fish (this is the cooked fish oil).
- 10It will be pinky white on the outside and peachy pink inside.
- 11For more well done fish, cook until fish is a pinky white color all the way through.
- 12Place on a platter to serve.
- 13Leave onions, capers and dill on the fish.
- 14Slice lemons on the side for those who like fresh lemon juice.
- 15This salmon is great served with rice and steamed veggies or a salad.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Poached Salmon With Dill
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 130.0 mg
- Sodium 231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 50.0 g