Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a wonderful plum sauce and easy to make, plan ahead there is an overnight refrigeration time
- 1 (12 ounce) jar plum jam
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 minced fresh garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- In a small saucepan, combine plum jam, vinegar, brown sugar, onion, red chili peppers (if using) garlic and ginger; mix well, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Refrigerate, covered overnight.
I really love this plum sauce! Will stop buying it and start using this instead. Thanks, Kittencal!