Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The plums are processed on a blender or a food processor and then cooked for a few minutes with the remaining ingredients, this is a really easy recipe to make, and a wonderful plum sauce... great served on the side with pork or chicken... I have even used this sauce in recipes.
- 2 (30 ounce) cans purple plums, drained and pitted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (can use less)
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 -5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pitted plums in a blender or a food processor, cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer the plum puree to a saucepan.
- Add in sugar, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, vinegar and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, and add into the plum mixture in the saucepan; stir for about 2 minutes or until thickened.