Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe I found in an old church cookbook works. I used earth's best baby food
Make and share this Easy Plum Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 2 (3 ounce) jars plum baby food
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine first nine ingredients in a large bowl and beat with electric mixer for three minutes.
- fold in nuts.
- pour into a greased bundt.
- bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- cool and ice.
- To make icing beat together Cream cheese, vanilla, milk and salt.
- gradually add powdered sugar and beat until creamy.