Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very easy and creamy enchilada recipe that is sure to please. These are great all by themselves, but I serve them garnished and on top of salad to make them more filling and to keep me from eating more of them. ;)
Enchiladas and Sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 10 flour tortillas, 8-inch
- salt and pepper
- shredded lettuce
- sliced olive
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- green onion
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot of boiling water until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking; shred your lettuce, dice your tomatoes, and chop your green onions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 11 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shred chicken and set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, sour cream, green chilies, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Reserve about a cup of sauce for covering the top.
- Add chicken, green onions and half of 1 cup of cheese to remaining sauce mixture.
- Heat tortillas 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Spoon about 1/3 Celsius of mixture into each tortilla and roll them up. Place them seam side down in baking dish.
- Cover with reserved sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce and topped with your choice of garnishes.
Unbelieveable! This was a bit of a pain to make, but with all good things, that's what it takes. I loved the flavor. I made this for a Sunday dinner with cornbread and the kids gobbled it right up! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! xo LA :-)
This was really easy to make,especially as I used leftover roast chicken. We demolished it,and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks....Made for PRMR.