Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe several years ago and use it regularly. You can substitute BBQ sauce for the ketchup. Finely diced green peppers also are a nice addition.
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, divided
- Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup ketchup.
- Shape meat mixture into an oval loaf.
- Place loaf in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with remaining ketchup.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
The taste of this was good but mine did not hold together well. Not sure what I did wrong as many of the other reviewers said their meatloaf held shape and sliced well. I did let it rest, so I know it wasn't that. Will try this again and see what happens.
I have spent countless hours trying to refind this recipe it was a smashing hit
This was really tasty. I only had one egg instead of two but that was my only sub. The stuffing was a little hard around the edges but that could have been due to one egg? Other than that, very tasty. It also stuck to my pan so Im glad I used foil in the pan. I'd spray it first with Pam next time.