Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This a recipe for meatballs that came from a mixture of about 7 others....its really good...You can adjust it to your liking, I usually make extra so we can have meatball sandwiches the next day...I use Prego parmesan garlic spaghetti sauce after I take them out of the oven...I add garlic powder and onion powder too...sometimes a pinch of oregano with the italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large glass baking dish with foil, (you don't have to line it with foil, but it makes cleanup much easier).
- Put the ground beef in a large bowl and add the onion and garlic, knead together, add bread crumbs and italian seasoning -- mix all together.add the egg and milk -- knead together well with hands --
- Form pieces of meat into 1 inch balls, place in baking dish -- bake for about 20-30 minutes --
- I usually put them in a large pan on the stove and cover with spaghetti sauce for a few minutes at medium heat, but thats optional.
I made these tonight to go with my spaghetti. I think this is a solid 4 star recipe. The main reason I didn't give it 5 is because, in my opinion, the meatballs REALLY needed salt. I think if salt were included in the ingredients list, this recipe would earn 5 stars. Thanks, AshleyP, for sharing. Made for Pick A Chef, Spring 2011.