Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A slightly altered recipe from Kraft Canada's Easy Pleasing Meatloaf. I've made it a few times and really like it; it lives up to it's name quite well. This would probably work with other kinds of meats as well as meatless mixtures.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (120 g) chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, divided (or a full cup if you like ketchup as much as I do)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup ketchup in large bowl.
- Mix just until blended.
- Shape into loaf in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining ketchup. Bake 1 hour or until meatloaf is done (160ºF).
I have been using this same recipe for years now. I, too, found it on the back of a box of Chicken Stovetop Stuffing. I tried other stovetop flavors but always come back to the chicken one. A tip: found the store bought brands do not work on this. I season mine just a little more with extra pepper & worchester in it. Delish!
This is a really tasty recipe for as easy as it is. I couldn't find any ground beef leaner than 90%, so mine was a little greasy. I'll probably make it again with the right stuff next time.