Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This sprang from a love of thin crust pizza and standing in front of the grill. It ended up being a huge hit with the neighbors after they wandered over to see what we were cooking.
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- pizza toppings
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place a flour tortilla on a large plate or cutting board and spread with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce (you're favorite jarred brand or leftover).
- Season with oregano, garlic salt, Parmesian, pepper flakes, or whatever herbs you prefer.
- Add a thin layer of shredded Mozarella cheese.
- Layer your pizza toppings of choice. (I used pepperoni, thinly-sliced green peppers, and sliced black olives.).
- Add another thin layer of Mozarella.
- Place another tortilla on top.
- Melt butter, Parmesian, oregano, and garlic salt together in a
- microwavable dish.
- Brush the top tortilla with the herb butter and invert onto a grill (set to low heat) with the butter side down. Brush the other side and cover the grill.
- Flip the pizzadilla when the cheese is melted and the bottom tortilla is crisp.
- Once the other tortilla is crisp, remove from the grill and slice into quarters with a pizza cutter.
- An easy dipping sauce can be made by mixing spaghetti sauce with the leftover herb butter and heating.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I did however cut back on the garlic salt. :)
I would suggest using less garlic salt as well.
This was ok. I like the idea, but there was way too much garlic salt for our tastes, maybe half the amount, would be much more feasible. Other than that, super easy to make.