Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from taste of Home magazine. These can can be prepared and then frozen to fry at a later time. You can really use as much pizza sauce as you like for this. Kids of all ages love these!
Top Review by Jociecee
These pizza rolls were an easy and delicious treat that my family enjoyed. Instead of frying, I lightly sprayed them with cooking spray and baked them at 425 for about 20 minutes until golden brown. I made these for Best of 2010 cookbook tag-thanks for the great recipe!
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or use a mixture of cheeses)
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni, chopped (can use more)
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups favorite pizza sauce (or to taste, or try my own Kittencal's Pizza Sauce)
- 32 egg roll wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in the pizza sauce. Place about 1/4 filling in the center of each eggroll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over the filling, then fold sides towards center of the filling.
- Moisten the remaining corner with warm water and roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet using 1-inch of oil heat oil to 375°F.
- Fry the pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce.