Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from taste of Home magazine. These can can be prepared and then frozen to fry at a later time. You can really use as much pizza sauce as you like for this. Kids of all ages love these!
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or use a mixture of cheeses)
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni, chopped (can use more)
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups favorite pizza sauce (or to taste, or try my own Kittencal's Pizza Sauce)
- 32 egg roll wraps
- In a large bowl combine first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in the pizza sauce. Place about 1/4 filling in the center of each eggroll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over the filling, then fold sides towards center of the filling.
- Moisten the remaining corner with warm water and roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet using 1-inch of oil heat oil to 375°F.
- Fry the pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce.
These pizza rolls were an easy and delicious treat that my family enjoyed. Instead of frying, I lightly sprayed them with cooking spray and baked them at 425 for about 20 minutes until golden brown. I made these for Best of 2010 cookbook tag-thanks for the great recipe!
I made these for the superbowl. We amazing. Will never buy "fake" ones in the frozen section again. Used my own pizza sauce recipe, a small amnt of bacon, hot italian sausage, and pepperoni. people raved about them!
Kit, you've done it again. These pizza rolls are wonderful! I had to use half the peppers and onion, used 1 cup of sliced green olives in place of the pepperoni and one 7-1/2 oz can of pizza sauce. Since I don't own an electric skillet I used my wok to deep fry them using a canola oil/olive oil blend. I ended up with 18 pizza rolls which is the number of wraps in one package of egg roll wraps. Thanks for sharing this keeper of a recipe.