Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
A super easy recipe for an appetizer or just finger food for get-togethers. I am all about the "Semi-Homemade" way of doing things and have tried this recipe with much praise from others. Along with marinara for dipping, I have found that ranch is popular as well. Note: The prep time includes rise time for the dough.
- 3 loaves frozen bread dough
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 1 (12 ounce) packagemozerella string cheese sticks
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Thaw frozen pizza dough overnight in the fridge, in a bowl or pan, covered.
- After dough is thawed, let dough rise in a slightly warm oven (I just turn mine on for a few seconds, and then back off before putting dough in).
- When dough has risen to about double in size, take it out and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut up your mozerella cheese sticks into approx 1/2 inch sections.
- Melt stick of butter in microwave for 45 seconds to a minute. Add garlic powder to melted butter and set to side.
- Pinch off dough in pieces about the size of large eggs, and flatten each piece of dough to place 1-2 pieces of pepperoni and one piece of cheese inside. Fold dough around contents and seal as best possible.
- Take dough pocket and roll in melted butter, and then place in pan of choice. (I find a bundt pan works best).
- Keep making pockets and stacking them into pan until all dough has been used, making sure to grease your pan and rolling all dough pockets in the garlic butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees, for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until dough is lightly browned.
- Serve with warm marinara for dipping sauce.