Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
WOW - who would have thought that four simple ingredients could be SO good?! My 14-year-old stepson calls these "Italian Cupcakes." This is just the basic recipe. I usually add chopped onion to the meat, and you can ad-lib with anything you have on hand: pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, seasonings, etc. But they are also delicious just like this, and SO easy to prepare! I have a pretty big herd, so I make these often when all the kids are around!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown the meat. I usually cook a chopped onion and green pepper with the meat, but that's optional. It's good without, too.
- While the meat is cooking, spray muffin pans with non-stick spray. Press biscuits into the bottom & up the sides.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Spoon 2 tablespoons meat mixture into the center of each cup.
- Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.