Recipe by ChefDLH
This is an easy recipe for pizza dough that you make by hand. If you have no food processor or a bread maker or you just want to make it by hand, this fits the bill. You can make the dough and put in the fridge for the next day too. Smells just like the dough at the pizzeria. Homemade pizza just tastes better and with a little planning ahead is super simple. My family just wished we had made two sets of dough! Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 cup warm water (105F)
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Put warm water (80 to 110°F) into a bowl. Add salt and honey and mix with a spoon. Add yeast, mix and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Gradually add flour and olive oil and start mixing.
- When the mixture gets too heavy to mix, start kneading the dough with your hands.
- Knead the dough until you have a smooth ball. If the dough cracks it is too dry. Add water bit by bit until if forms a nice coherent ball. If your dough feels more like batter, it is too wet and you need to add flour bit by bit. If you need to add water or flour, do it by small amounts.
- Coat the dough with olive oil, place it in a large bowl and cover it with kitchen wrap or a grocery bag. Let the dough rise for about an hour at room temperature, then push it down again so it deflates. Let it sit for about another hour. If you want to use it the next day, put it in a refrigerator.
- Put the dough on a lightly floured surface, put a bit of flour on top and make it into the shape of a pie by stretching it out from the center outwards. Use a rolling pin until the dough is about 1/4" thick. Punch some holes in the dough with a fork to let the air escape while the pizza is in the oven
- Put on your pizza sauce of choice.
- Put on your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake the pizza in you oven at 400 - 450° F for about 20 to 25 minutes until the crust is light brown. Check on it ahead of the time if using a stone.
- Additional Information:.
- You get better results when you use a pizza baking stone. The pizza stone should be placed in the middle of the oven.