Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This can be used for regular pizza in the oven or make it smaller and deep fry until golden on both sides, then top as you like.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- In large bowl dissolve yeast & sugar in warm water.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in oil, salt, & 4 1/2 cups flour.
- Mix in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- When all mixed & pulled in, turn onto a floured surface knead until smooth & elastic -- approx 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough ball in bowl, lightly oil ball & cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rest in a warm place, or oven on lowest setting until doubled in size. Approx 1 hour.
- Deflate & turn onto floured surface divide into 3 equal pieces & form rounds.
- Cover & let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
Super easy, yummy pizza crust! Made for a great pizza night for my kids and I. I finally got to use my pizza press that I bought at an auction this summer, and I will never make another crust without it. So delicious and made a good, thick, even crust. Thanks for a great recipe Food Euph4ria. Made for Bargain Basement Fall 2013.