Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one came from my girl friends mother. Thanks Karen.
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil (so pizza won't stick to pan)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix yeast (1 envelope) with 1 Tb sugar and 1 c water, cover well and place in a warm oven to activate yeast (until it bubbles).
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well (except oil).
- Let dough rise in warm place until it doubles.
- Oil pan, and spread dough on pan, (a square or round pan can be used) cover with pizza ingredients.
- When ready to bake, bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until underside starts to brown.
this is my cousin's recipe but when she orginally posted she forgot say the oil is used for oiling the pan only. so i had her fix the recipe and now it's not as slopy as staed in the pervious rating.
This dough is extremely sloppy despite the large amount of flour used. I would use only half the water if I were to try this again. As a result it definitely needs the 30 minutes baking time which is about twice as long as other recipes. Taste wise there is no problem.