Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are yummy, quick, and easy calzones that can be eaten hot or frozen and taken for a easy heat up lunch. They're also versatile and you can put in any kind of pizza toppings you like!
- 283.49 g roll store bought pizza dough
- 158.51 ml pizza sauce
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml pizza toppings (about 1/2 cup of each, unless you are using only one)
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml garlic parmesan seasoning (a mixture of finely grated parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and parsley flakes. Not sure on the amounts)
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a large cookie sheet.
- Press the dough out so that it is about the same thickness all around and so that it covers the cookie sheet.
- Cut into 4 equal size rectangles.
- In a bowl, mix sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Spoon equal amounts of toppings into the middle the rectangles.
- Lightly spread out the sauce mixture.
- Fold one corner so that it meets with the opposite corner.
- Crimp the edges so that the calzones seal.
- Mix olive oil and parmesan cheese mix.
- Brush with olive oil and parmesan cheese mixture.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or freeze for later.
We loved these!! For the filling we just used the standard pepperoni & mozzarella cheese since that's all I had on hand. But the parmesan, parsley & garlic powder topping makes it awesome! They browned up very nicely and looked restaurant quality. I used dough from an Italian market that makes it fresh every day. Yum! Thanks for posting.
These were great! I made my own dough and rather than mix the toppings together, I spread the sauce on and then placed various toppings on. I pricked them all over with a fork to prevent bubbling. Served with extra sauce on the side for dipping. I think the next time I shall make them a bit smaller by cutting the dough into 6 pieces rather than 4. Thanks for the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2013.