Recipe by The Milocat
These are yummy, quick, and easy calzones that can be eaten hot or frozen and taken for a easy heat up lunch. They're also versatile and you can put in any kind of pizza toppings you like!
Top Review by Sherri35
We loved these!! For the filling we just used the standard pepperoni & mozzarella cheese since that's all I had on hand. But the parmesan, parsley & garlic powder topping makes it awesome! They browned up very nicely and looked restaurant quality. I used dough from an Italian market that makes it fresh every day. Yum! Thanks for posting.
- 1 (10 ounce) roll store bought pizza dough
- 2⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pizza toppings (about 1/2 cup of each, unless you are using only one)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic parmesan seasoning (a mixture of finely grated parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and parsley flakes. Not sure on the amounts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a large cookie sheet.
- Press the dough out so that it is about the same thickness all around and so that it covers the cookie sheet.
- Cut into 4 equal size rectangles.
- In a bowl, mix sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Spoon equal amounts of toppings into the middle the rectangles.
- Lightly spread out the sauce mixture.
- Fold one corner so that it meets with the opposite corner.
- Crimp the edges so that the calzones seal.
- Mix olive oil and parmesan cheese mix.
- Brush with olive oil and parmesan cheese mixture.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or freeze for later.