Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Tops courtesy of Green Giant.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 ounces Green Giant mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in tomato paste,italian seasoning and mushrooms. Cover and refrigerate; use within 3 days.
- To prepare each sandwich, spread about 1/4 cup beef mixture on english muffin half. Sprinkle 2 tablespoon cheese over top. Place on microwavable napkin or paper towel (to absorb moisture).
- Microwave 1 sandwich uncovered on high 1-2 minutes or until beef mixture is hot and cheese is melted.
- Test Kitchen Tip: To heat 4 sandwiches at a time, place on microwavable napkin or paper towel. Microwave uncovered on high about 2 minutes and 30 seconds or until hot.