Good Looking Cooking's Note:
This recipe is by Janelle Bloom, who appears on Ready, Steady Cook. It uses instant dried yeast as opposed to active dried yeast. With the instant yeast you do not have to leave the dough to prove. Just let it rest for 5 minutes and you are ready to roll it out and bake. This is super quick to mix, my 13 year old grand daughter made it yesterday and could not believe how easy it was. Now of course she just wants to make pizzas all the time!
My Private Note
pizza b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the yeast, flour, sugar & salt in a bowl.
- 2Add water & oil.
- 3Mix with a metal spoon until dough comes together.
- 4Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 - 7 minutes or until elastic.
- 5Roll out to 3/4 cm thick.
- 6Bake in a 220 degree celcius fan forced oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 7Note: You can brush the base with a little garlic oil if you are going to bake the base first before putting your pizza ingredients on (this gives a crispier base).
- 8Alternatively you can load your pizza toppings on the unbaked base, which will give you a lovely softer pizza base.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pizza Base - No Need to Prove
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g