Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is by Janelle Bloom, who appears on Ready, Steady Cook. It uses instant dried yeast as opposed to active dried yeast. With the instant yeast you do not have to leave the dough to prove. Just let it rest for 5 minutes and you are ready to roll it out and bake. This is super quick to mix, my 13 year old grand daughter made it yesterday and could not believe how easy it was. Now of course she just wants to make pizzas all the time!
- 2 cups flour
- 7 g instant dried yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Combine the yeast, flour, sugar & salt in a bowl.
- Add water & oil.
- Mix with a metal spoon until dough comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 - 7 minutes or until elastic.
- Roll out to 3/4 cm thick.
- Bake in a 220 degree celcius fan forced oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Note: You can brush the base with a little garlic oil if you are going to bake the base first before putting your pizza ingredients on (this gives a crispier base).
- Alternatively you can load your pizza toppings on the unbaked base, which will give you a lovely softer pizza base.
This is the first time I've ever reviewed a recipe but I was so pleased with this one that I felt I had to. This is the best pizza recipe I've ever tried, and I've tried a fair few. The base was light and soft in the middle with a crisp crust, delicious! This will be my staple pizza recipe from now on :)