Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is such a quick and easy recipe and kids of all ages love it. You can change the ingredients in order to please all of your pizza loving bunch. I have experimented with this recipe for several years now and it is always a favorite at church dinners, family reunions and anywhere there are teenagers and kids.
Top Review by tree luee dee
This can't get any better. It's like all the very best pizza taste in a pan. My family just loves this and as the poster said....this is only limited by your imagination. Also, this is such a great meal for kids and adults alike. Thanks so much for posting!
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) packages Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (the cheese ones are especially good)
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use less)
- 2 cups meat (beef, sausage, ham or pepperoni)
- 2 cups of diced vegetables (onion, pepper, mushrooms, black olives, pineapple, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a large baking dish (13 X 9 is too small). Lightly coat dish with cooking spray. Taking biscuits, cut them into sections of about 1 inch (I cut mine 3 strips across, then 3 strips down to make 9 pieces per biscuit) Once these are in "cubes", scatter them in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine your spaghetti sauce, seasoning, meat and vegetables and mix well. (This is where your creativity comes in -- how many combinations can there be? You can mix and match meats and veggies as well as use different types of sauce. The combinations are endless.) Pour this mixture over the biscuits, then top with cheese.
- Bake @ 300 degrees until done (approximately 30-40 minutes depending on your oven). Make SURE your biscuit cubes have room to spread out and bake thoroughly -- this is why you use a larger pan.