Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a small cookbook titled Herb Recipes which I received in a swap.
- 1 English muffin (split and toasted)
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce or salsa)
- 4 -6 slices pepperoni (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms (chopped canned)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano (fresh chopped or 2/3 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place muffin halves on a cookie sheet cut side up and then spread each muffin half with half of the sauce and top with half of the remaining ingredients in order given.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and serve as an appetizer or snack.
A quick, easy, and tasty recipe that even the kids can make for an after school snack! I imagine that this would work using small pitas or other flat bread also. Thanks for the recipe!
5 Stars, easy and very tasty, will make these often for lunch. Used Don Pepino Pizza Sauce, canned sliced mushrooms, and frozen Margherita pepperoni slices. That little touch of olive oil was the crowning touch; a Misto sprayer would be perfect. I stored my delicious leftover sauce in a glass container (I expect to have more of these in the coming week) and returned my remaining pepperoni slices to the freezer. My 4-oz. can of mushrooms would have accommodated 4 English muffins, but I spread them over 3 muffins. The biggest challenge: my local market did not have slices of mozzarella, so I traveled 10 minutes farther to Wegman's. The mozzarella slices kept it neat; the non-stick pan made clean-up a breeze. Made for 1-2-3 Hits tag game.
These er so tasty and so simple My husband and I just loved these. I made as directed except I used shredded mozz cheese instead of sliced. I also used turkey pepperoni and light english muffins to make it a little healthier. This is definitely a keeper, and very versatile too!. Thanks for posting, made for PRMRt tag.