Recipe by Sweet Chef
I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! A good recipe for kids, too. I use pocket-less pitas we buy from Indian grocery, but I'm sure regular will work. Note: I edited this recipe by making more exact ingredient amounts, sorry about the previous vagueness, I posted this recipe back when I was just 10 or 11. :)
Top Review by SuzTheQ
Had this for lunch today- loved it! I think this is my new way of making pizza at home. So easy- and I love that the crust is so thin and crispy! I used ground beef as my topping, but will definitely try with many different toppings in the future. Thanks for a great keeper recipe.
- 1 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti or 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- spices (oregano, basil, garlic powder) or dried herbs (oregano, basil, garlic powder)
- olive oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush on a little olive oil on the pita.
- Spread sauce on top of the pita.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle on pinches of desired herbs and spices, and add any toppings you'd like.
- Place on baking sheet, bake for 5-7 minutes at 400°, or until cheese is melted (times may vary).
- Slice with pizza cutter and enjoy!