Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe is very easy and quick to make and yields a soft yet sturdy pita bread that can be used in all sorts of mediterranian recipes. YUM! Note please: The dough needs to rest for 40 minutes.
Top Review by Natalie d.
It took much longer than 15 minutes, because when i cut one open it was still raw inside. Then after it was cooked it was hard as a rock. Am i supposed to brush them with oil or something before baking??
- 500 g flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 ml water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nigella seeds (also known as black cumin)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine flour and salt. Mix in olive oil and water.
- Knead into a soft and sturdy dough. It should be smooth. Cover the bowl and allow to rest for 40 minutes at room temperature.
- Form dough into about 7 equally sized balls. Roll out the balls to 1/2 inch thickness (note: these wont rise much, so make them as thick as youd like them to be in the end.).
- Place on a paper-lined baking sheet, brush with water and sprinkle with the sesame and nigella seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 15 minutes or until tester comes out clean.