An easier version of pineapple upsidedown cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (plus reserved pineapple juice to make as much liquid as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved or 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Take and seperate juice from pineapple, reserve for later.
- 3Melt butter in small bowl in microwave. Take melted butter and fully coat a 13x9 dish (sides included, use all of butter).
- 4Sprinkle sugar on bottom of dish, place pineapple rings or chunks were desired, then sprinkle the nuts, cherries, and coconut evenly over sugar and pineapple.
- 5Combine water and drained syrup.
- 6Prepare packaged cake as directed using the mixed water/syrup as the needed liquid.
- 7Pour cake mixture in dish over sprinkled toppings and fruit.
- 8Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until done.
- 9Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting cake onto serving pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.0
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 366.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: