Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easier version of pineapple upsidedown cake
Make and share this Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (plus reserved pineapple juice to make as much liquid as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved or 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take and seperate juice from pineapple, reserve for later.
- Melt butter in small bowl in microwave. Take melted butter and fully coat a 13x9 dish (sides included, use all of butter).
- Sprinkle sugar on bottom of dish, place pineapple rings or chunks were desired, then sprinkle the nuts, cherries, and coconut evenly over sugar and pineapple.
- Combine water and drained syrup.
- Prepare packaged cake as directed using the mixed water/syrup as the needed liquid.
- Pour cake mixture in dish over sprinkled toppings and fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting cake onto serving pan.