Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easier version of pineapple upsidedown cake
Make and share this Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (plus reserved pineapple juice to make as much liquid as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved or 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take and seperate juice from pineapple, reserve for later.
- Melt butter in small bowl in microwave. Take melted butter and fully coat a 13x9 dish (sides included, use all of butter).
- Sprinkle sugar on bottom of dish, place pineapple rings or chunks were desired, then sprinkle the nuts, cherries, and coconut evenly over sugar and pineapple.
- Combine water and drained syrup.
- Prepare packaged cake as directed using the mixed water/syrup as the needed liquid.
- Pour cake mixture in dish over sprinkled toppings and fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting cake onto serving pan.
Quick, and easy to make. This cake is delicious and always a big hit!
Super easy to make.Very moist. I especially liked the addition of chopped pecans & coconut. Was a big hit at the hosp. bake sale!
I made this for a pot luck/meeting at Church. I knew it was a hit when during the presentation I saw 2 folks getting up to have seconds and I left with a totally empty plate to take home! I used pineapple chunks but I bet it would be easier to cut had I just used crushed pineapple.