Recipe by RecipeNut
An easy pineapple upside-down cake using a yellow cake mix.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is a super easy and very delicious cake. The topping bakes right into the cake and makes for a very flavorful dessert. To remove it from the pan, I lined a cookie sheet with foil, put it on top of the cake, then flipped them over. Worked great. This is very good, I recommend you try it!
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar
- 59.14-118.29 ml butter
- 566.99 g can pineapple slices
- 226.79 g jar maraschino cherries (optional)
- walnut halves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow instructions on cake box for making an oblong single layer cake.
- Prepare cake batter and set aside.
- Cut up butter in small pieces and place all over the bottom of the oblong pan specified on cake box.
- Sprinkle brown sugar generously over the butter.
- Place pan on the stove (or in the oven) and heat slowly until butter and sugar melt to a liquid then remove from heat.
- Evenly space the pineapple slices around the bottom of pan in the heated sugar and butter.
- Place the cherries and nuts between the pineapple slices (Tho the cherries and nuts look nice and taste great, they are optional).
- Pour cake batter on top of the pineapple/cherry/nut mixture.
- Place in oven and bake as directed on cake box.
- As soon as cake is done place a plate over the cake and turn upside down and carefully remove pan.
- If you wait too long the sugar will harden and be difficult to remove.
- Note: Peaches may be used in place of pineapple.