1/22 Photos of Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
An easy pineapple upside-down cake using a yellow cake mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (optional)
- walnut halves (optional)
- 1Follow instructions on cake box for making an oblong single layer cake.
- 2Prepare cake batter and set aside.
- 3Cut up butter in small pieces and place all over the bottom of the oblong pan specified on cake box.
- 4Sprinkle brown sugar generously over the butter.
- 5Place pan on the stove (or in the oven) and heat slowly until butter and sugar melt to a liquid then remove from heat.
- 6Evenly space the pineapple slices around the bottom of pan in the heated sugar and butter.
- 7Place the cherries and nuts between the pineapple slices (Tho the cherries and nuts look nice and taste great, they are optional).
- 8Pour cake batter on top of the pineapple/cherry/nut mixture.
- 9Place in oven and bake as directed on cake box.
- 10As soon as cake is done place a plate over the cake and turn upside down and carefully remove pan.
- 11If you wait too long the sugar will harden and be difficult to remove.
- 12Note: Peaches may be used in place of pineapple.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.8
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 61.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g