Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Courtesy of Dole. This is yummy, and start to finish is about 30 minutes to the table.
Make and share this Easy Pineapple Sweet 'n Sour Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 2 Tbsp juice.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil. Cook bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and water chestnuts in hot oil, over medium heat, until crisp tender. Remove vegetables, set aside.
- Cook chicken chunks until browned. Add vegetables back to skillet with sauces, pineapple, and reserved pineapple juice. Heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Top with chow mein noodles, if desired.