Recipe by knitaholic
Courtesy of Dole. This is yummy, and start to finish is about 30 minutes to the table.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 2 Tbsp juice.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil. Cook bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and water chestnuts in hot oil, over medium heat, until crisp tender. Remove vegetables, set aside.
- Cook chicken chunks until browned. Add vegetables back to skillet with sauces, pineapple, and reserved pineapple juice. Heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Top with chow mein noodles, if desired.