Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 1⁄2 ounces pineapple, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, 3/4 stick
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- * Substitute 1/2 cup packed brown sugar for 1/2 cup of the white sugar if preferred.
- Drain pineapple very well, reserving juice for other uses.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and use a wire whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add vanilla extract and drained pineapple; blend.
- Pour into unbaked 9-inch pie shell and bake in preheated 350-deg ree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting, or serve cold.
This was yummy and so easy to do. Only thing is I wish I'd of browned the pie shell first but since it said to use an unbaked pie shell I did. Didn't like how the bottom of the pie shell turned out but other than that, it was really good.
I made this for my pineapple loving husband. We tried it warm and cold. They both tasted good but we preferred it cold. Thanks Nancy Van Ess. Bullwinkle
This is delicious! I was skeptical while making it... so few ingredients to make a pie??? I'm SO glad I tried it!! I did use 1/2 cup brown sugar , as the recipe states that you can , made no changes whatsoever, and was rewarded with a very sweet, custardy type pie! I baked it for 45 minutes , as stated , the only thing I did was put strips of foil around the edge of the crust until about the last 10 minutes of baking so it didn't burn. Excellent pie, thank you for the recipe!!