Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens Gas Grill Cookbook
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs centercut ham steaks, fully cooked, one inch thick
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple preserves or 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard or 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Trim fat from ham. Slash edges of ham at one inch intervals.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in preserves, mustard, and cloves. Heat through.
- Preheat gas grill. Adjust heat for direct cooking. Place ham steak on grill rack over medium-high heat.
- Cover and grill 10 minutes. Turn ham and brush with glaze. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes more or until heated through.
- Makes 6 servings.