Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This complete recipe is made on top of the stove...Although the recipe states to use chicken breasts, it's still good using any part of chicken, extra good with drumsticks! If you are using bone-on chicken pieces, make certain to cook for a longer time, the time stated is for boneless and skinless chicken breasts. All ingredients may be doubled. This is good served with rice. I also have added in a sliced green bell pepper too.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between fingers to release flavors)
- seasoning salt (can use regular salt)
- garlic powder (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (an use more, or to taste)
- Drain the pineapple, reserving juice, and cut the pineapple rings in half; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice until smooth; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine/whisk together mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice; mix well to combine; set aside while browning chicken.
- Season chicken with thyme, seasoning salt (or regular salt) pepper and garlic powder (if using).
- In a skillet brown the chicken on both sides in oil.
- Add in the honey/mustard mixture to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (longer if using bone-on chicken pieces) or until juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken to a plate to keep warm.
- Stir/whisk in cornstarch mixture to the pan; bring to a boil, and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Top with pineapple slices, and heat through.