Recipe by BFit4U
Couscous side dish that is easy to make and kid friendly. It goes great with any seafood dish and would be excellent served with Teryaki Chicken. I served with Grilled Tuna Steaks and steamed green beans. Use leftovers as a healthy mid-day snack :-)
- 1 cup couscous, dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth (or water) to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add dry couscous to boiling liquid, stir just to coat couscous, remove from the heat and cover with lid.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- While couscous is setting; mix well with whisk the pineapple juice, olive oil and Spicy Brown Mustard (can use Dijon or Whole Grain), salt/pepper to taste. Set "dressing" aside.
- Remove lid from saucepan and fluff couscous with fork.
- Add pineapple tidbits, diced red pepper, "dressing" and parsley to couscous and mix well.