Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Couscous side dish that is easy to make and kid friendly. It goes great with any seafood dish and would be excellent served with Teryaki Chicken. I served with Grilled Tuna Steaks and steamed green beans. Use leftovers as a healthy mid-day snack :-)
- 1 cup couscous, dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Bring chicken broth (or water) to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add dry couscous to boiling liquid, stir just to coat couscous, remove from the heat and cover with lid.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- While couscous is setting; mix well with whisk the pineapple juice, olive oil and Spicy Brown Mustard (can use Dijon or Whole Grain), salt/pepper to taste. Set "dressing" aside.
- Remove lid from saucepan and fluff couscous with fork.
- Add pineapple tidbits, diced red pepper, "dressing" and parsley to couscous and mix well.