Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are really good!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained well
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar; beat in egg.
- Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture.
- Press lightly into a prepared baking dish.
- Spread pineapple over crust; set aside.
- For topping: In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar.
- Beat in eggs, then stir in the coconut.
- Spread over pineapple in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, or until golden brown.
I have made these for years but the crust I use is not at all dry. It calls for 1/2 c. butter (not melted) and only 1 tbls. of sugar. Also cut back on the sugar in the topping which keeps them less sweet. Still a great bar, but I feel (personal preference) the base is not quite so dry.
These are quite good - not too sweet, not too tart. I really enjoyed the "cakey" crust. But, I just felt that something was missing - maybe a dollop of whipped cream...
While I liked the taste, my pineapple loving hubby did not. He felt it was too dry. Maybe I did something wrong.