Recipe by Sue Lau
Has the kind of flavor both kids and adults love! Cooks really fast.
Top Review by gordongates
I used my new pressure cooker to make this recipe, omitting the cherry tomatoes and cloves. I added some hot sauce, salt, and pepper. It was nice, but next time I'll add even more spices.
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained with juice reserved
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together vinegar, ginger, and chicken in a bowl, making sure chicken is coated.
- In a skillet, heat 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and cloves; bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix together cornstarch with water, set aside.
- Add pineapple, tomatoes, green onions, and cornstarch mixture, and cook, stirring, until chicken is thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice, if desired.