Recipe by Lorac
Glazed pineapple cake topped with toasted coconut. Great served with a tropical flavor sherbert
Top Review by Southern Rose
This cake was delicious. I followed the recipe. I only put coconut on half of the cake, as I had some non-coconut lovers. I had company and the cake disappeared quick. We had it with orange sherbert and it went great. Thanks Lorac for a quick and tasty cake recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagemoist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (17 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained,juices reserved
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Place cake mix, yogurt and eggs in a bowl and mix on low speed 2 minutes.
- Add drained pineapple and mix to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool slightly.
- Place sugar and 2 tbls reserved juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Spread over still warm cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Cool completely before slicing.