Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Glazed pineapple cake topped with toasted coconut. Great served with a tropical flavor sherbert
- 1 (18 ounce) packagemoist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (17 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained,juices reserved
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Place cake mix, yogurt and eggs in a bowl and mix on low speed 2 minutes.
- Add drained pineapple and mix to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool slightly.
- Place sugar and 2 tbls reserved juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Spread over still warm cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Cool completely before slicing.
This cake was delicious. I followed the recipe. I only put coconut on half of the cake, as I had some non-coconut lovers. I had company and the cake disappeared quick. We had it with orange sherbert and it went great. Thanks Lorac for a quick and tasty cake recipe.
I made this recipe exactly as written with no deviations. I made this cake to go along with a dish I made for my BFF to take to her elderly parents. The cake received rave reviews! They told me it was moist, flavorful and it was a perfect match with French vanilla ice cream on a hot Summer night, such as last night. I found this recipe to be quite easy and it turned out very attractive.