Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried this recipe yet, and really don't know why! They sound so easy and delicious all at the same time. From Southern Living 1985 Annual Recipes
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- Combine all ingredients except biscuits in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 10 greased cups of a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Place 1 biscuit in each cup.
- Bake in pre-heated 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan by inverting pan onto a plate.
- Serve warm.
This topping makes canned biscuits delicious. I was not able to find a 10-ounce can at my grocery store, so decided to try the 7.5 ounce because they also had 10 biscuits in them. I also baked them at 400 because that is what the instructions on the can said and I was afraid they would burn at 425 because they were smaller biscuits. We anxiously waited the 5 minutes of cooling time and popped those babies out of the muffin tins. I inhaled three of them in 15 minutes, because after all the instructions say to serve them warm. I don't care if you call me Ms. Piggy because these little gems were worth every bite.