Recipe by Felix4067
I was little leery of pineapple in bread pudding, but this is really very good. Takes almost no time to make, and gives me yet another variety of my favourite dessert ever. I use one can organic crushed pineapple and one can regular to cut down on some of the sweetness.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 cups bread cubes
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- whipped cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs and beat with an electric mixer until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in pineapple, pecans and bread cubes.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for approximately an hour, until set.
- *Check after 45 minutes to make sure top isn't getting too browned. If it is, cover lightly with aluminum foil to finish baking.
- Serve warm, garnished with whipped cream.