Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Don't let the small list of ingredients fool you this cake is delicious!
Top Review by Cyberchef
Don't let the name fool you! This is NOT your typical slice and serve cake as I assumed. It needs to be served and eaten with a spoon. I made this for a church function and almost did not take it because I was worried that it did not set up like a normal cake. However I received rave reviews. Everyone said it was delicious. Even my fiance loved it. The 1/2 cup of sugar is plenty. It was almost too sweet, so you may want to cut back a little or try Splenda. Otherwise it is was very easy to make. I will be making this again in the future.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no subs, can use more sugar if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the pineapple with the juice on the bottom of the baking dish, then sprinkle the cake mix on top of the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the blueberries then sugar.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the blueberries and sugar.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until bubbly.