Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't let the small list of ingredients fool you this cake is delicious!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no subs, can use more sugar if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the pineapple with the juice on the bottom of the baking dish, then sprinkle the cake mix on top of the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the blueberries then sugar.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the blueberries and sugar.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until bubbly.
Don't let the name fool you! This is NOT your typical slice and serve cake as I assumed. It needs to be served and eaten with a spoon. I made this for a church function and almost did not take it because I was worried that it did not set up like a normal cake. However I received rave reviews. Everyone said it was delicious. Even my fiance loved it. The 1/2 cup of sugar is plenty. It was almost too sweet, so you may want to cut back a little or try Splenda. Otherwise it is was very easy to make. I will be making this again in the future.
Another Kittencal success! My mother used to make this for my dad and he just loved it, she made it for most any occasion and it was always devoured warm with vanilla ice cream! Had almost forgotten about this cake but it's blueberry time so I went recipe searching to finish up last year's frozen crop! I always look at Carol's (Kittencal) recipes first, because if she posted it, you can't go wrong! Thanks so much for the trip down memory lane! YUM!
Great take on the usual cherry pie filling version I've made for years! I love pineapple and blueberries together fresh, this cake is great! Made it both with canned filling and fresh blueberries. Fresh blueberries was better and cheaper!