Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I devised this after making other easy cake recipes. It is a real hit with the family.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (lightly toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 325 for glass pan. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine juice, coconut milk, rum and sour cream. Add combined liquids, eggs and coconut to cake mix. Stir enough to moisten mix. Pour into prepared 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until springs back in the middle.
- When cool beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread on top of cake. Top with toasted coconut. Keep refrigerated.