Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
From WW Simply Delicious. Per 3/4 c. serving: 332 calories, 7 g fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein, 6 points.
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed peppers, stir-fry (green, red, yellow bell peppers and onions)
- 1 (17 ounce) package potato & cheese pierogies (cheddar)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1 t. dried)
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, toasted and ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place skillet over high heat.
- Add in the pepper stir-fry; stir/saute 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned (at first the frozen peppers/onions will give off water, but continue cooking them until the water evaporates and they brown slightly).
- Cook the pierogies in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until thawed; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid; keep pierogies warm.
- Add the reserved cooking liquid, tomato sauce, oregano, fennel, salt, and pepper to the pepper stir-fry; simmer 1 minute.
- Serve the pierogies with the sauce.