Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I have been using for over 20 years because of the simple ingredients and massive flavor! This is a buttery, flaky recipe. I don't want to use a lot ingredients when I make pie, so when I found this one, I stuck with it, and I have had compliments on it almost every time I use it. You will not believe how good it tastes and the wonderful consistency of the dough.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco (Cold)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup flour, for rolling out the dough
- Blend together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in cold butter flavor Crisco with pastry cutter until the mixture is evenly crumbly, and the pieces are the size of small peas.
- Add the cold water and mix with hands just until the dough holds together.
- Do not knead! Pie dough will be tough the more you work it.
- Roll out on floured board or table.
- This will give you enough dough for 2 pie crusts.
Easy and delicious. Thank you Mommy Bean!!! :)
This is a great recipe! I've tried so many times to make pie crust and failed... but finally had success when I tried this recipe! It's so quick and easy, this is the only way I'll make pie crust from now on. Thanks for posting.