Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are easy and so good, I like to use the dried Italian salami or all beef salami, use mini gherkin pickles also known as cornichons or small dill pickles --- make certain to tell your deli person to slice the salami thin -- I have listed the yield at 36 appetizers that amount is only estimated it will depend on what size you slice the rolls.
Top Review by grrmrgal
These are so tasty! We use salami or ham deli meats and top off with a garlic stuffed green olive! Fabulous for camp out appetizers and football season! Goes great with beer and several wines as well!
- 12 slices italian salami, thin slices (such as Genoa salami)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup whipped cream cheese with garlic (or use desired flavor)
- 12 large mini gherkins, drained (pick out the longest pickles from the jar, or use 2 pickles per roll, or you may use small dill pick)
- colored toothpick (use as many as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each slice of the salami with a thin layer of cream cheese to within 1/4-inch of the edges.
- Place 1 pickle or two small pickles in the center of the salami, then roll up jelly-roll style.
- Slice each roll into thirds or in half then pierce each piece with a coloured toothpick.
- Place on a serving platter.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.