These are easy and so good, I like to use the dried Italian salami or all beef salami, use mini gherkin pickles also known as cornichons or small dill pickles --- make certain to tell your deli person to slice the salami thin -- I have listed the yield at 36 appetizers that amount is only estimated it will depend on what size you slice the rolls.
- 12 slices italian salami, thin slices (such as Genoa salami)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup whipped cream cheese with garlic (or use desired flavor)
- 12 large mini gherkins, drained (pick out the longest pickles from the jar, or use 2 pickles per roll, or you may use small dill pick)
- colored toothpick (use as many as needed)
- Spread each slice of the salami with a thin layer of cream cheese to within 1/4-inch of the edges.
- Place 1 pickle or two small pickles in the center of the salami, then roll up jelly-roll style.
- Slice each roll into thirds or in half then pierce each piece with a coloured toothpick.
- Place on a serving platter.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.